The Muslim Students Association is a national organization that assists Muslim youth attending colleges and universities in the United States and Canada to establish chapters dedicated to serving the spiritual, social, and educational needs of Muslim and non-Muslim students. Chapters help Muslim student organizations achieve the following goals:
- implement Islamic programs and projects,
- mobilize and coordinate the human and material resources of Muslim student organizations,
- and educate, mobilize, and empower students.
Their guiding principles are based on the teachings of the Qur’an and the traditions of the prophet Muhammad, and consist of these nine points:
- Sincerity is the foundation of our existence.
- Knowledge precedes our actions.
- Humility guides our conduct.
- Truthfulness is the mark of our speech.
- Moderation is the compass of our journey.
- Tolerance is the banner of our outreach.
- Forgiveness precedes our reconciliatory efforts.
- Patience is the hallmark of our planning.
- Gratitude binds our hearts together.
There are two local MSA chapters in Santa Barbara hosted by the University of California, Santa Barbara and the Santa Barbara Community College. Please contact ucsbmsa (at) gmail (dot) com or msa.sbcc (at) gmail (dot) com with any questions or comments regarding their activities.
Some of the information on this page was adapted from the website of MSA National.